BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

April 7, 2010

Fabulous Ways to Overcome Stress =)

Stress management is vital. Stress-related illness like heart attack, insomnia, high blood pressure, and mental problems are on the rise and can be the result of not having proper stress management techniques in place.

Off the top of my head, I can think of one way to overcome stress - escape to a private island where you can't be found! Ok, ok...so unfortunately that's not realistic unless your Tiger Woods wife! But here are some fabulous ways that are doable!

*Tuck yourself into bed early. I have fallen asleep pass few week by 9.00pm. The extra sleep gives me a fresh perspective on how to deal with issues.

*Focus on one thing at a time. This is a tough one but when I focus on one thing, I see huge results.

*Practice saying “no”. I recently said no to a commitment. I'm behind on my work, I can't take on someone's else work right now.

*Stretch.
Stretch while watching TV, listening to music, reading or playing.

*Be grateful for all the good things in your life - big and small.

*Call a friend who makes you laugh. Connect with family.

*Open your windows!!  Fresh air is free!

*Simplify your schedule. Simplify by reducing the number of commitments in your life to just the essential ones. Schedule only a few important things each day, and put space between them.

*Get moving.
Do something each day to be active — walk, hike, play a sport, go for a run, do yoga. It doesn’t have to be grueling to reduce stress. Just move. Have fun doing it

*Develop one healthy habit this month. Other than getting active, improving your health overall will help with the stress. But do it one habit at a time. Eat fruits and veggies for snacks.

*Simplify your finances. Finances can be a drain on your energy and a major stress-or. If that’s true with you, figure out ways to simplify things.

**Have a blast! Have fun each day, even if it’s just for a few minutes.

0 comments: